City of Oskaloosa
City Council Meeting Regular Session
City Hall, 220 S. Market Street
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Call to Order and Roll Call - March 2, 2020, 6:00 P.M.
Invocation: First Christian Church
Pledge of Allegiance
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
__________ Mayor David Krutzfeldt, Council Members:
__________ Burnett, __________ Caligiuri, __________ Drost, __________ Moore
__________ Ottoson, __________ Walling, __________ Yates
This item is reserved to receive comments from the community for concerns whether or not they are included in the current agenda. The community is encouraged to come and speak before the Mayor and City Council and asked to keep statements brief. Time shall be limited to no more than three (3) minutes. Any questions are to be asked of the City staff, Council members, or the Mayor prior to speaking to the full Council so concerns may be properly researched and answered away from the meeting. Comments are to be directed to the Mayor and City Council only.
Consider approval of Council Agenda and Minutes, subject to corrections. (Consent Agenda)
Consider a resolution fixing date for a meeting on the proposition of the issuance of not to exceed $11,225,000 General Obligation Local Option Sales Tax Bonds of the city of Oskaloosa, State of Iowa, and provided for publication of notice thereof.
-------------------- End of Consent Agenda --------------------
The following agenda items require specific action by the City Council.
Announcement of Vacancies
Applicants must reside in Oskaloosa and be 18 years of age unless specific specifications are stated.
1. Airport Commission: One vacancy for a term ending December 2021
2. Board of Adjustment: One vacancy for a term ending December 2020
3. Building Code Board of Appeals: One vacancy for an ex officio member
4. Civil Service Commission: One vacancy for a four-year term beginning April 2020
5. Historic Preservation Commission: One vacancy for an alternate member for a term ending December 2020
6. Housing Trust Fund Committee: One at-large vacancy for a term ending January 2023
7. Library Board of Trustees: One vacancy for an unexpired term ending June 2021 due to the resignation of board member Sally Posovich
8. Mahaska County Solid Waste Management Commission: Two vacancies for terms ending December 2020
9. Municipal Housing: One vacancy for an unexpired term ending February 2021
10. Planning and Zoning Commission: Two vacancies for five-year terms beginning May 2020
11. Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter: One vacancy for a term ending December 2021
Consider an ordinance rezoning property located at 2005 Suffolk Road from HC (Highway Commercial District) to RR (Rural Residential District) – 1st Reading and Public Hearing. (RECOMMENDATION: DENIAL)
This item is reserved to receive reports from the Mayor and City Council. This is an opportunity for the Mayor or Council to provide updates on activities, events, or items of note to the public. This is also the opportunity for the Mayor or Council to request future agenda items, or request items to be sent to Committee for review and discussion.
The requirement that an ordinance be read three (3) times before passage may be waived by Council upon an affirmative vote of six (6) of the seven (7) Council members. The public is advised to take note of this process and be prepared to speak either for or against any ordinance at the time of first reading.
If you require special accommodations, please contact the city manager's office at 24 hour prior to the meeting at 641.673.9431.