Special Election - March 2021
Deadline to register to vote to take part in election:
- Early Voter Registration deadline – Friday, February 19, 5:00 p.m.
- If registering after this date and prior to election day, contact the Mahaska County Auditor’s Office at 641.673.7148.
- Election Day Registration – Oskaloosa citizens that are not registered at their Oskaloosa residence can register on election day. They would need to bring a current photo ID with their current address. If the photo ID does not have the current address, a piece of mail with their name and new address would need to be presented.
Voting place for the March 2, 2021, Oskaloosa Special Election:
- All Oskaloosa residents will vote at the Mahaska County Agricultural Extension Building, 212 North I Street, Oskaloosa, with polling from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- To check voter registration status or to register to vote: https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/voterinformation/
- Absentee voting:
- An absentee ballot request form must be completed by each voter.
- Last day to request an absentee ballot to be mailed – Friday, February 19, 5:00 p.m.
- Last day to return voted absentee ballots in-person – Tuesday, March 2, 8:00 p.m.
- Last day to return voted absentee ballots by mail – Monday, March 1 – MUST HAVE A MARCH 1, 2021, POSTMARK TO BE COUNTED and received in Auditor’s Office by noon Monday, March 8.
- Last day to vote absentee in-person – Monday, March 1, 5:00 p.m. at Mahaska County Auditor ‘s Office.
- In-person voting: Contact Mahaska County Auditor’s Office at 641.673.7148 when absentee voting begins.
Contact Mahaska County Auditor’s Office at 641.673.7148 for further voter and election information.