The city of Oskaloosa, working in partnership with the Oskaloosa Community School District and Mahaska County, is constructing a new Early Childhood Education and Recreation Center building. The total combined project will be approximately 90,000 square feet to include an early childhood education center, a YMCA recreation/fitness center, outdoor surface parking, public/private streets, cycling/pedestrian ways, and stormwater management features.
The project will be constructed at 1521 Green Street, near the Lacey Sports Complex on approximately 12 aces.
- August 2019: Schematic Design documents complete
- November 2019: Design Development documents complete
- February 2020: Construction documents complete
- March 2020: Accept project bids and awards
- 2020 - 2022: Construction phase
Project Construction Estimate
|Bonding and Insurance|| $553,000|
|Playground Equipment|| $100,000|
|Testing and Miscellaneous Studies|| $88,000|
|Applications and Permits|| $10,500|
|Professional Fees|| $1,953,500|
|Furnishings, Fixtures, and Equipment|| $755,000|
|Other Project Costs|