1st Avenue Rehabilitation Project
1st Avenue East Rehabilitation Project
1st Avenue East from South 1st Street to South 3rd Street
- The scope of this project included milling the existing pavement, an asphalt overlay, concrete pavement reconstruction, full depth concrete patching, repairing concrete curb & gutter sections, ADA accessible sidewalk and ramp reconstruction, and storm sewer improvements.
- This project was completed in two phases. The 1st phase involved concrete repairs and storm sewer improvements. This phase was completed on May 26, 2017.
- The 2nd phase consisted of an asphalt mill and overlay. This phase began on May 8, 2017 and was completed on May 9, 2017.
This project improved the existing roadway with a new asphalt overlay, full depth concrete repairs, and curb and gutter replacement. In addition, new ADA sidewalk ramps improved pedestrian mobility. Click on the links below to view the project plans for Phase 1 and Phase 2.
- Norris Asphalt was contracted to complete the asphalt rehabilitation portion of this project for $68,650 with an additional contingency of $5,000. On Monday, May 8, 2017, Norris Asphalt began the 1st Avenue East Asphalt Pavement Rehabilitation Project and completed it on Tuesday, May 9, 2017. The street was re-opened to traffic on Wednesday, May 10, 2017. The total cost for this phase of the project was $70,634.39.
- Popson Construction was contracted to complete the concrete portion of this construction project for $29,000 with an additional contingency of $3,000. All work and repairs were completed by June 23. The total cost for this phase of the project was $28,995.00.
Final Project Cost:
Concrete Repairs: $28,995.00
Asphalt Overlay: $70,634.39
Total Project Cost: $99,629.39
Concrete (Phase 1) Start Date
Concrete (Phase 1) End Date
Asphalt (Phase 2) Start Date
Asphalt (Phase 2) End Date
If you have any questions about this project, please contact the Public Works Department at (641) 673-7472.