Infrastructure Improvement Projects
Street, sidewalk, stormwater, and public sewer improvement projects are ongoing within the City of Oskaloosa. These capital improvement projects are budgeted through road improvement funds, tax revenues, and/or user fees. At the beginning of each year, the Public Works Department prioritizes the City’s infrastructure needs and prepares a plan for review by the City Council. Once approved, projects are typically designed, bid out to, and completed by local contractors. Whether in the design, construction, or clean-up phases, the City is continually improving its infrastructure for the benefit of public health and safety.
In addition to capital improvement projects, the City has a pavement maintenance program through which road work is completed each year based on budgeting through federal funds and City tax revenues. These projects improve the driving condition of roads.
Projects Completed Within the Past Year:
- 2022 Annual Street Maintenance (5th Avenue East from South 9th Street to South 11th Street) - 11/19/2021
- Downtown Resurfacing Project - 10/03/2022
- Active Transportation Plan (11th Avenue West from South D Street to Park Trail -10/14/2022
- 5th Avenue West Sanitary and Water Improvements-10/03/2022
Projects Under Construction:
- TSIP-IA 92/A Ave & US 63/Market St Corridor 3-Lane Conversion Project
Projects Out for Bid:
- Capital Improvements Plan Map - Pavement (PDF)
- Capital Improvements Plan Map - Sanitary & Storm Sewer (PDF)
- 2021 Chip Seal Street Improvements Map (PDF)
- 2022 Planned Chip Seal Street Improvements Map (PDF)
- 2022 Planned Chip Seal Street Improvements List (PDF)