Applications & Permits
Building & Construction Permit Information
The Oskaloosa Building Permit is required for all general contracting work; including, but not limited to, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, accessory structures, partial demolitions and remodeling, fences, patios, and decks.
Completed permit applications may be delivered to the Building Division at 220 South Market Street in Oskaloosa. Work may begin after review and approval by the Building Official (currently V&K) and payment of all applicable fees. Please direct all building inquiries and inspections scheduling to Veenstra & Kimm (V&K) at 515-850-2980. Other questions may be directed to the Oskaloosa Building Division at 641-673-7472.
Other Permit Applications:
- Sign Permit Fillable Application (PDF) - Required for all new or replacement signage.
- Demolition Permit Application and Requirements (PDF) - Required for the demolition of commercial or residential properties.
- City Right-of-Way Permit Fillable Application (PDF) - Required for all work performed within the public right-of-way including excavation, boring, driveways, sidewalks, curb and gutter, street repair, utility work, tree removal, and tree planting. For the planting of trees within the public right-of-way, please view the Oskaloosa Approved Right-of-Way Tree List (PDF) to find approved shade and small tree species.
Additional Construction Guidelines and Forms:
- Emergency Escape (Egress) Window Requirements (PDF)
- Garage & Accessory Building Requirements (PDF)
- Deck Building Guide (PDF)
- Right-of-Way Permit Questions & Answers (PDF)
Zoning & Land Development Applications: The following applications and forms should be completed and returned to the Building Division at 220 South Market Street, Oskaloosa, IA 52577. For further information, please call 641-673-7472.